Monday, October 30, 2017

"Help me if You Can" Part 1 A Christian point of view

Introduction

If, your old enough, you may remember the rock and roll group called "The Beatles" One of their many albums was simply titled Help. On the album was a song by the same name and the lyrics went  something like the following:

Help, I need somebody
Help, not just anybody
Help, you know I need someone
Help!

When I was younger, so much younger than today
I never needed anybody's help in any way
But now these days are gone I'm not so self-assured
Now I find I've changed my mind and opened up the doors

Help me if you can, I'm feeling down
And I do appreciate you being 'round
Help me get my feet back on the ground
Won't you please, please help me?

And now my life has changed in oh so many ways
My independence seems to vanish in the haze
But every now and then I feel so insecure
I know that I just need you like I've never done before

Help me if you can, I'm feeling down
And I do appreciate you being 'round
Help me get my feet back on the ground
Won't you please, please help me?

When I was younger, so much younger than today
I never needed anybody's help in any way
But now these days are gone I'm not so self-assures
Now I find I've changed my mind, I've opened up the doors

Help me if you can, I'm feeling down
And I do appreciate you being 'round
Help me get my feet back on the ground
Won't you please, please help me?
Help me, help me,ooo
Whether or not your a Christian we all need help from time to time. To ask for help one has to  #1. be at the end of his/her rope #2 a person has swallow his/her pride #3 be willing to accept the gift. #5 there has to be a giver of the gift.
With that said I need, to enquirer which aspect which point you are in. Are you always in asking but never willing to give? You see a person can not always be asking for  help but never willing to share with others.

The Other Voice

There seems to be a voice in society where  members willing to give but only to those who are members of their church. This is indeed sad, and I see such  scripture basis for such behavior. Could you imagine Jesus and or an angel at ones door only to be refused service? Of course there would be some sort of ramification to either the church a person or persons.  But, for now listen to what Jesus had to say several years ago.  It can be located in the Gospel of Matthew chapter twenty-five. 
34   Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35   For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36   Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37   Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave the drink?
38   When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39   Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40   And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41   Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42   For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

In Closing
If we as Christians are real "doers" of the Word of the Lord then we ought to see zero people homeless and hungry .(read James 1:22) But, and looking at the streets of Detroit, Pontiac , Waterford and Flint there is something quite wrong with the picture. The problem is not so much the homeless its people taking up room in pews inside churches around America.  If you have a 4 bedroom home and your only using one bedroom what do you think it says about you?  Are you having someone you know take in homeless people but you are unwilling to have them in your own home, whats that say about you? If you think that hanging a shingle makes you special and about being a doer of the Word of the Lord  I think you need a little comfort zone adjustment.  Look at what James chapter one has to say in Gods Word

The Ministry

God gave you, as a Christian, a ministry the very second you accepted Him into your life and heart. That ministry is called reconciliation. God did not need your resume, witness, a cover letter and so forth. Fact of the matter is God gave you the ministry the very second you accepted Him into your life. Now consider the following; if the global population of Christians is around 98 million why are churches not full? Why are there people homeless? Why are there so many hungry? Your thinking "But the church down the street is doing the work so they dont need me." fact of the matter is every ministry can use a extra helping hand young and old.

Listen to what James says

17   Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
18   And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
19   To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
20   Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
21   For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Its beyond time for you to minister to those we call homeless.
Its time to help those Christians exiting prisons.
Both need your help and your knowledge
So what are YOU going to do to help those in need today?
 Will you simply sit on your hands or will you get up and go.
While your out and about check in on someone who you know is disabled and see how YOU can help them not just today but in the days and months ahead. Maybe take them shopping on the day they get their Food Stamps or Disability benefits.

Remember what Jesus said in Matthew chapter twenty-five

Verily I say unto you, 

Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to 

me.

No comments:

Stat Counter

View My Stats
Powered By Blogger

Labels

Bible (42) Gods Word (40) God (34) Jesus (24) ministry (22) church (19) Biblical (18) Gods people (18) Bible Study (15) update (15) supporters (13) webmaster (13) Christians (12) house (12) eternal life. (10) friends (10) Sermons (9) Thunderdome Ministries. (9) churches (9) yourself (8) Asus G60 (7) Home (7) computer (7) love gift (7) money (7) David Wilkerson (6) disabilities (6) laptop (6) Amazonm Wish List (5) Flint Michigan (5) Speaking Engagements (5) Word (5) hearing. pastors (5) website (5) Billy Graham (4) Chick (4) Christmas (4) Facebook (4) Lawrence Adel Sefa (4) belief (4) computers (4) faith (4) food stamps (4) html (4) salvation (4) sin (4) 2007 Caliber (3) Asus (3) Bridge Card local charities (3) Disability (3) Flint (3) God's Word (3) Michigan (3) Microsoft (3) Paypal (3) accident (3) dvd/cdr (3) ego (3) food banks (3) games (3) gaming (3) prophets (3) repairs (3) Amazon Wish List (2) Americans (2) Asus TP50L (2) Gids people (2) Jonah (2) Keith Green (2) Moses (2) PC (2) Pastors. (2) Ravenhill (2) alone (2) animals (2) basement (2) batteries (2) blue screen (2) car (2) cash money (2) cell phones (2) didisabilities (2) dollars (2) download (2) emplyment (2) faith. (2) fellowship (2) freebies (2) friendship (2) friendship Jesus (2) fundraising (2) helping other (2) history (2) jobs (2) keyboard (2) laptops (2) links (2) medical (2) music (2) prison (2) relocating (2) teachers (2) watchman of the House (2) water (2) wish (2) work (2) 2018 (1) Amtrak (1) Apple (1) Arkansas (1) Bing (1) Dodge (1) Donald Trump (1) Firefox (1) God love (1) Gods Son (1) Gods voice (1) Harry Truman (1) Jewish (1) Ken Burns (1) Last Days Ministried (1) Little Rock (1) National Parks (1) Old Testament (1) Pogo (1) Psalms (1) Rotorooter (1) Sly & Family Stone (1) State Farm (1) Ten Commandments Christians (1) Texas (1) Treasury of David (1) USA (1) United States (1) Vero (1) Woodstock (1) Zillow (1) add ons (1) adoption (1) adults. (1) arcades (1) assembly of the saints (1) assistance (1) bathroom (1) bills (1) bills. (1) blueray (1) boombox (1) borrow (1) bucket list (1) buy sell house (1) cameras (1) cellphone (1) city (1) clay (1) cloths (1) complaining (1) country (1) credit cards (1) culture (1) death (1) disciples (1) discipleship (1) dos (1) dream (1) dvd (1) e (1) employment (1) false teachers (1) fixed income (1) flood (1) friend (1) friendships (1) funding (1) gif (1) grace (1) growing up (1) holidays (1) holidays. jpg (1) holiness (1) home imorovements (1) homless (1) hospital (1) hospital gown (1) hospital pants (1) insurance (1) itching ears (1) jets utilities (1) kitchen (1) law (1) lead (1) lies (1) life (1) link (1) live (1) loan (1) local (1) love (1) love offerings (1) man (1) mercy (1) ministries (1) modern (1) nature (1) new year (1) obedience (1) obey or disobey (1) offerings​ (1) outsource (1) peace (1) personal cloths (1) phablets (1) photography (1) pictures (1) plantations (1) play station (1) pre-cival war. (1) preaching (1) preaching engagements (1) professionals. (1) ptc (1) reasoning (1) relocation (1) respect (1) restoration (1) review (1) roundout (1) safe (1) sell (1) single (1) smart phones (1) smartphone (1) snailmail (1) social media (1) society (1) state (1) stone (1) study (1) tablets (1) teachings (1) teenage wastelabd (1) the book of Acts (1) tithes (1) tracts (1) training (1) vacation (1) valid (1) video (1) vows (1) wages (1) war (1) websites (1) year (1)